Dr. Jason Morris was born and raised in Huntington Beach, CA. He graduated with honors from USC School of Dentistry in 2008 and Baylor University’s prestigious orthodontic specialty program in 2015. From 2008 to 2012, Dr. Morris served as a general dentist in the U.S. Navy Dental Corps. While on active duty, Dr. Morris was Clinic Director at Camp Pendleton. He also served a tour of duty as officer in charge at a forward operating base while deployed to Afghanistan.
Dr. Morris strives to provide exceptional quality, efficient, and personalized orthodontic care. Each patient that joins our community has their own unique treatment plan and is treated as the unique individual they are. He is excited to meet you and looks forward to achieving a smile you’ll be proud to show off!
When not practicing orthodontics, Dr. Morris loves spending time with his family and friends. He and his wife have three young children: Katelyn, Jack and Claire. He is a devoted family man and an active outdoorsman, enjoying golf, surfing and biking.
ORTHODONTIC TRAINING & EDUCATION
· Studied and practiced many treatment philosophies including Roth-Williams, Damon, Alexander, MBT, and Tweed
· Recently completed the McLaughlin Postgraduate Orthodontic Course (October 2019)
· Experience using 0.018 and 0.022 bracket systems as well as bi-dimensional treatment
· Invisalign certified and have treated severalcases using aligner technology – currently start approximately 5-6 cases/month
· Completed the Aligner Intensive Fellowship (2018)
· Diagnosed and treated orthognathic surgery cases using various surgical procedures and techniques
· Experience with adult interdisciplinary care involving periodontic, prosthodontic, endodontic, and surgical treatment
Digital Orthodontic Records
· Trained in digital photography and acquisition/interpretation of CBCT and digital radiographs
· Proficient in Dolphin, OrthoTrac, and Cloud9Ortho practice management software
· Experience using Dolphin Imaging Software for digital photographic records, cephalometry, and creation of visualized treatment objectives
· Trained in using the iTero and Lythos intraoral scanners
· Children’s Medical Center of Dallas Craniofacial Team
· Placement of Vector and Imtec miniscrew implants and related use of direct and indirect mechanics
· Soft tissue contouring and removal using both diode laser and electrosurgery
· TMD diagnosis and treatment with splint therapy
Indirect and direct bonding techniques
May 2015 –Texas A & M Health Science Center - Baylor College of Dentistry
· Master of Science in Oral Biology and Certificate in Orthodontics
Aug 2009–32nd Street Naval Base, San Diego
· Advanced Education in General Dentistry (AEGD) Residency
May 2008–The University of Southern California School of Dentistry
· Doctorate of Dental Surgery (DDS)
· GPA: 3.82
· NBDE - Part I:Combined score 98; Part II:Combined score 88
May 2002 – The University of San Diego
· Bachelor of Arts, Biology (Chemistry minor)
· Summa Cum Laude | Dean’s List
· GPA: Overall 3.88 | Major 3.93 | Minor 4.0
Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontic Specialists – San Diego, California – May 2017 to present
Associate Orthodontist 4-5 days per week
Gechoff Orthodontics – Santee, California – August 2015 to present
Associate Orthodontist 1-2 days per month
La Costa Dentistry and Orthodontics – Carlsbad, California – August 2015 to April 2017
Associate Orthodontist 1-2 days per week
Pacific Highlands Dentistry and Orthodontics – San Diego, California – August 2015 to April 2017
Associate Orthodontist 1-2 days per week
United States Navy Reserves, July 2012 – Present
· August 2015-Present - Commanding Officer for Detachment 4, 4th Dental Company, 4th Dental Battalion. Manage three dental officers and eightenlisted support staff. Supervise all activities of personnel in Detachment 4 and ensure the dental readiness of over 2,500 Reserve Marinesand Sailors in and around San Diego, CA.
United States Navy Dental Corps – Active Duty, May 2008 – June 2012
· April 2011-May 2012 - Clinic Director for the 22 Area Dental Clinic (ADC), serving a population of more than 6,000 Marines and Sailors at Camp Pendleton Marine Corps Base, CA. Managed four dentists and a 15-member support staff comprised of active duty, government service and contract employees. Supervised all clinic operations as well as personally saw approximately 25 patients daily.
· October 2010-April 2011 - Officer in Charge and Dentist at forward operating base Camp Dwyer, while deployed to Afghanistan. Member of a team of 16 active duty personnel that operated three dental clinics in the highly volatile Helmand Province. Provided emergency and general dentistry care to active duty US military members and contract personnel, as well as allied forces (including the Afghan National Army).
· August 2009-October 2010 –Clinic Director for the 53 ADC, providing dental services to a population of approximately 4,500 Marines at Camp Pendleton Marine Corps Base, CA. Promoted to Clinic Director in just five months. Managed three dentists and a 12-member support team.
MorrisJW, CampbellPM, Tadlock LP, Boley J, & Buschang PH. Prevalence of gingival recession after orthodontic tooth movements. American Journal of Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics 2017;151:851-859.
HONORS & AWARDS
· Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honor Society, 2008
· Psi Omega Dental Fraternity Academic Achievement Award, 2008
· Navy Commendation Medal
· Navy Achievement Medal
· Fleet Marine Force Qualified Officer
· National Defense Ribbon
· NATO Ribbon
· Sea Service Ribbon
· Afghanistan Campaign Ribbon
· Global War on Terrorism Ribbon
American Association of Orthodontists
American Board of Orthodontics
Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists
Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society
EXTRACURRUCULAR ACTIVITIES & INTEREST
Fitness | Golf | Tennis |Basketball | Hiking | Biking | Reading| Travel | Time with Family